DISCOUNTED RATE FOR NEW STARTERS
* The scheme will commence from Leicester Market from January 4th 2011 and close on Saturday 29th October 2011.
* A new starter will be allowed to trade casually for 8 pounds Mondays to Thursday for the first stall, 10 pounds for Fridays and 15 for Saturdays for 6 consecutive weeks. Further stalls will be charged at the full basic rent.
* A new starter will be deemed a new trader providing they have not stood on Leicester or Beaumont Leys Market within the last 12 months.
* No product & public liability insurance or surcharge will be required for the 6-week period.
* The applicant will not be granted the same casual stall for more than 3 consecutive weeks.
* Traders wishing to take up this offer must sign the casual register in the Customer Care Centre between 8.15 and 8.30 am. On the day they wish to have a stall.
* New starters must have identification with photo i.e. passport or driving licence plus a household utility bill or bank statement from your current address.
* Only one member of any family can apply.
* Offer discount stall is limited to one per household.
* Casual stalls will be refused if the applicant is known to be connected in anyway to a trader who has terminated any stall(s) within the last 12 months.
* If within the 6-week period the new starter successfully applies for a tendered stall then the discounted stall offer is terminated.
* This offer does not apply to new starters wishing to sell seasonal goods/fruit & vegetables.
* If a new starter has one stall at discount and takes another stall at full price, he/she must have public/product liability insurance.
* Traders must have separate stalls for different commodities, except second hand traders who must be allocated a stall in specific areas.
* Leicester City Council reserves the right to refuse any application.
* Free business support is available to new starters. Speak to Market Staff about free courses available through Business Link and Leicester College.
* The scheme is available from 4th January 2011 to Saturday 29th October 2011.
Senior Markets Officer
0116 223 2376
3rd Floor Market Centre
Market Place Leicester,
East Midlands LE1 5HQ
Monday-Saturday: 7am to 6pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 8am to 5pm
Tel: 0116 223 2372
Fax: 0116 223 2374