My name is Martin Pold and I represent the global Anti-Litter Project Let's Do It! World 2012, I am currently studying Business Management and Enterprise at De Montfort University.
Preparation is now underway to organize in collaboration with Clean Up Britain a cleanup day in the United Kingdom at 13th of May 2012. We are mobilizing and inviting people to get involved in taking part in this historical movement and through that making the country we live in a better place
The project invites the United Kingdomon one particular day
to clear their local environment.
I believe that MP CANNED FOOD and World Cleanup 2012 share the same values, making a pledge to improve the environment. We are, therefore, inviting you to join the civic movement World Cleanup 2012, with ambition to strive to cleaner environment in the UK, to be part of the project which aim is to clean up the world of illegal garbage, and to create a global change.
The increasing problem of littering and illegal dumping is widespread all over the world and although there are many good people, who are working hard to make the world a better place, we believe that by joining the team of World Cleanup 2012 we can create much bigger change!
About World Cleanup 2012
It is not enough to act locally anymore, it is time to bring together people in different countries to turn things around for the better. Right at this moment we are connecting thousands of volunteers all over the world, hundreds of civic and environmental movements to make year 2012 a big cleanup year. Each group or organization will be leading the cleanup action in their country. In 2012, starting from 24th of March until 25th of September, a series of cleanups will sweep over the globe, touching all continents and bringing together a record breaking 300 million volunteers. All in the name of cleaning up Earth from garbage and raising the level of awareness in our global community.
About 'Let's Do It!”
The civic movement 'Let's do it!' started in 2008 in a little Nordic country of Estonia where 50 000 people came together to lift 10 000 tons of illegal garbage from roadsides, forests and towns in just 5 hours! Have a look at a video about the cleanup (in many different languages) here: www.youtube.com/letsdoitworld Since then the movement has been spreading to 9 different countries, engaging 1,3 million people in the cleanups. Official webpage of the movement is: www.letsdoitworld.org
By joining World Cleanup 2012:
• You can take advantage of the new online technological solutions we have created - world garbage map (easy-to-use garbage mapping system in order to monitor the situation and get specific data needed for planning the cleanup); volunteer registration system (makes it easy registering volunteer groups online prior to the cleanup, dividing groups between specific cleanup locations etc);
• We will offer a wider communication platform for your action (by being included in the World Cleanup 2012 series, you will get international coverage and regional coverage in our media campaign, our newsletter and our homepage);
• You will discover new cooperation possibilities with similar initiatives in your region (therefore bigger impact and more new volunteers, spreading the awareness further),
• You will be supported by our work towards raising the attention on political and governmental level (working with European Parliament etc);
• You will get access to and will be invited to contribute to our base of collective knowhow and experience (cleanup manual, regional conferences and gatherings);
• You will get to use the World Cleanup 2012 communication package.
It is time to come together and be the change because the cleanliness and wellbeing of ourselves, of our countries and of this planet is in our own hands. We hope it is something you would like to be part of.
We are willing to answer all your questions regarding World Cleanup 2012, and to offer our care and support to work together as a team towards the goal of the cleaner environment in the United Kingdom and in the World.
There are people who have joined us already in Leicester, West Yorkshire, Bradford, Lancashire, Swindon, Birmingham and London.
I am glad that the interest in doing something together and good is spreading fast and we have the national campaign Clean Up Britain, National Geographic Channel, Skype, Rezidor Hotel Group and Alpha Response as our first partners already.
I hope you are interested in the project and are willing to join us!
Looking forward to hearing from you!